Monday, August 20, 2007

I love it when people feel at home in my house!

I was going to write a blog post on Friday but ran out of time, so of course it was perfect that way cause I wasn't sure what to write about - now I know!

I had a BBQ and get together at my house on Saturday and had the most fabulous response from a friend. I always strive to make people feel comfortable and "at home" in my house. My mom is like that and my grandmother before her too. So I can't help it - it comes naturally. All my friends always called my mother "Mom" too. Now I too can say I've achieved that kind of level.

At the party, a friend was drinking something and I wondered what it was. She said "Organic apple juice. I found it in your fridge and it looked good, so I helped myself" I LOVE that! She got a glass and did so without asking me and I LOVE it! I so love that people feel at home enough here to do that.

My boyfriend Rob has practically moved in already after 4 weeks together and he considers it "our" house too. He came over and cooked himself dinner last night AND did all the dishes from the party too! Now THAT I really like, LOL.

Seriously though, I like that he and my friend don't feel the need ot ask me if they can eat something, drink something, use a glass, etc - in my house. Maybe I just don't like being the servant LOL - but mostly I just know how I feel when I go to my mom's house or my aunt Joyce's house - at home. That's how I want people to feel here and I feel so pleased they do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home